Friday, October 03, 2008

MY GOLDEN SUNSET


The sounds of the universe surround me, the auto rickshaws twitter by, the trucks rumble on, the crows caw and my grandpa mumbles in his sleep besides me. Sitting next to him for the past so many days is a test to my patience, I am the watch and he is recovering from a heart attack at the age of 91. So in a way this relationship is funny. A room surrounded with the city sounds full of hectic activity and here are two souls trapped in two bodies, one starting out with life, restless and full of activity, while the other is exhausted, and wants to rest. Makes me wonder after 65 odd years this is what I am heading for? This thought makes all my petty desires, wants, likes and dislikes, friends and ego issues fly away through the open window. I deepen my breath and pull up my socks and start to rethink everything I was and I want to be.

The golden sunset smuggles into the room filtering through the drapes caressing my grandpa in the eve of his life as I await the dawn to get on with life and discover my path in search of my golden sunset...

No comments: