Friday, August 14, 2009

Delhi 6






9 am, I check the weather it says 40 degrees, and I moan. I am here in Delhi. Last Saturday on the way from the airport I was greeted by a man in a velvet jacket peeing on the pavement. I realized no amount of concrete roads can change us. It rained for twenty minutes which has effectively stalled my evaporation. As always this country amazes me. Put the camera out of a moving vehicle and you are greeted with life at every turn. Heat, sweat, rains nothing deters us. It is the law of the jungle again. The survival of the fittest. The unrelenting nature is a safer destination than the disparity caused by man to man. Yet this is my country and we are changing daily, progressing into a more material existence, I love it every moment of it.... Enjoyed shooting these...

No comments: